Farm Work / Farm Crew Positions Available
Open Hands Farm in Northfield, MN is an 17 acre fruit and vegetable operation serving a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) as well as many wholesale accounts. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill 1 full time or 2 part time positions, starting in May or June and going until December 1st. Both of these positions have the possibility to extend throughout the winter and into the next season, if it is a good fit for all parties.
We prefer applicants with prior farm experience, but welcome anyone to apply who is energetic and eager to work and learn. While this is not an apprenticeship you can expect to learn a lot about running a diversified organic vegetable farm. This is a very physically demanding job. Employees in this position will be exposed to and be responsible for carrying out work in all aspects of our farm operation including but not limited to transplant production, transplanting by hand and machine, hoeing, hand weeding, managing row cover, harvesting, washing and packing produce. Pay is commensurate with experience. Our general work day is an 8 hour day from 8:30- 5:00, with a 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. We do not offer housing, but we are only 2 miles from a small town (Northfield). Please email resume detailing any relevant experience and employment references.
To apply, please send us:
our email is openhandsfarm(at)gmail.com
Your Name, Address, Phone, Email. Please also include date you are available to start work, and if you have any commitments for time away during the season.
Be sure you include the following information as well:
- Relevant past work experience, detailing duties and responsibilities and/or resume
- Applicable past leadership responsibilities and/or community working or living experience
- Farming and/or gardening goals
- Physical ability to do the work
- Tractors used, implements used, and familiarity with tractor tasks, if applicable
- Description of why you are interested in working here
- 2-3 work references, including previous employer, whether farming related or not, and any farm-related work references.
After we get your application information, we will contact and give interviews with qualified candidates. Depending on the time of year, we prefer to have a working interview, so we can meet each other face to face and get a feel as to how we all will work together.