We are currently all hired for the winter, but we are still welcoming applicants in case anything changes.
Open Hands Farm in Northfield, MN is a 18 acre fruit and vegetable operation serving a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) as well as many wholesale accounts. Our Certified Organic farm is seeking highly motivated and eager individuals to fill one or two part-time positions (2-4 days/week), which will start anytime this fall and into March. This is a great opportunity if you already work on another farm and are looking for farm work to bridge the winter gap.
Late Fall and Winter work is centered in the heated packshed, washing vegetables for delivery at the end of each week. Join our lively farm crew for good conversation and laughter while sorting and washing carrots, beets, cabbage, radishes etc. Pay starts at $11 per hour. Our general work day is an 8 hour day from 8:30- 5:00, with a 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. We do not offer housing, but we are only 2 miles from a small town (Northfield) and 40 to 60 minutes from the Twin Cities. Winter positions may extend into spring and following year. Please email resume detailing any relevant experience and employment references.
To apply, please send us:
our email is openhandsfarm(at)gmail.com
Your Name, Address, Phone, Email. Please also include date you are available to start work, and if you have any commitments for time away during the season.
Be sure you include the following information as well:
- Relevant past work experience, detailing duties and responsibilities and/or resume
- Applicable past leadership responsibilities and/or community working or living experience
- Farming and/or gardening goals
- Physical ability to do the work
- Tractors used, implements used, and familiarity with tractor tasks, if applicable
- Description of why you are interested in working here
- 2-3 work references, including previous employer, whether farming related or not, and any farm-related work references.
After we get your application information, we will contact and give interviews with qualified candidates. Depending on the time of year, we prefer to have a working interview, so we can meet each other face to face and get a feel as to how we all will work together.