from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest Cookbook
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 3 cups cleaned, chopped leeks
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig of thyme
1) Scrub the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch chunks. Place them in a soup pot with the leeks, celery, carrot, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes.) Remove from heat, and let it cool until it’s no longer too hot to puree.
2) Puree the soup in a blender or a food processor. Stir in the milk.
3) Add black pepper to taste, and adjust salt, if necessary. Serve hot or cold, possibly topped with a sprinkling of fresh herbs.